The St. Ann Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Full-Time and Part-Time Corrections Officers. Our jail holds for multiple agencies in the North St. Louis County area and long-term federal inmates. The purpose of this position is to ensure the proper booking, supervision, safety, care, custody and control of the inmates within our correctional facility.
- Conduct proper and complete prisoner bookings, including the fingerprinting and photographing of each prisoner.
- Supervise the daily routine and living tasks of each prisoner, such as hygiene, the issuance of clean clothing, and inspecting prisoner living areas to ensure a clean and sanitary environment.
- Ensure that each prisoner is properly fed at prescribed times and that each meal is documented.
- Ensure proper medical care by documenting and providing prescribed medication, responding to medical emergencies, and making the necessary notification to medical and police personnel along with the documentation of medical incidents.
- Receive all inquiries regarding prisoners incarcerated and provide necessary information to those entitled to such information.
- Coordinate the confined docket with the Municipal Court Judge, clerk, and staff to ensure prisoner appearance in court at specified time and when necessary. Shall assist the court staff with the actual court appearance.
- Ensure the proper pre-release processing of all prisoners prior to their release.
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, FSA, Retirement Benefits, Paid Vacation, and Employee Assistance Program for Full-Time positions.
|8/25/2021 1:30 PM
|Open Until Filled
18 years of age or older.
Must have no felony convictions.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Strong communication and observation skills at all times, including during stressful situations.
Working knowledge of computers and modern office practices and procedures.
Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Corrections experience is preferred, but not required.
How to apply: You can obtain an application from the St. Ann Police Clerk, Monday thru Friday from 8am-5pm. The application can be mailed, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person.
A link for the application is below.
The St. Ann Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Police Application Form