- Feature Links
- Consolidated Municipal Court
- Attorney Procedures
CONSOLIDATED MUNICIPAL COURTS (CMC)
Due to the changes in Supreme Court Rule 37 and the various statutory changes relating to municipal court procedures, and taking into consideration the issues accompanying the consolidation of municipal courts, the following procedures shall be followed in all cases:
Case information is available through Case.net at:http://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do
Court information is available at http://www.stannmo.org/625/Municipal-Court-Changes-due-to-COVID-19-
General Court Procedures
- While each of the consolidated courts maintains its own jurisdiction, all correspondence shall be E-FILED. Any correspondence sent directly to the individual Cities will not be received by the Court nor entered in the defendant's file.
Entries, Motions, and filings must include the following.
- Attorney's Missouri Bar number,
- the correct City's name,
- the defendant's full name,
- citation/case number(s),
- court date,
- email address for counsel.
- OUR LOCATIONS ARE ON THE STATES E-FILING SYSTEM (Do Not mail a hard)
- When requesting a recommendation, it must be mailed directly to the Prosecuting Attorney's Office separately. (see the prosecutor's tab on the website at www.stannmo.org)
- It is the counsel's responsibility to check Case.net for the status of a client's case. If a case requires a continuance, the Defendant's Attorney must file the motion 72 hours before the court date using E-FILING.
- If a case is in warrant status and no motion is filed to set such aside, any recommendation offered by the Prosecuting Attorney will not set the warrant aside automatically, since the Prosecuting Attorney does not have the authority to do so.
- When a new attorney enters on a case with an existing attorney, the new attorney will be added as co-counsel and must retrieve prior court records from Case.net or contact the Prosecuting Attorney's office.
Continuance Motions Procedures
- All motions shall be submitted at least 72 hours before the court date, unless in an emergency.
- If an emergency, sufficient information shall be pled in the motion to justify the continuance.
- If not an emergency, sufficient information is also required. It shall not be grounds to continue a case because the defendant is not in compliance or does not have the funds to make a payment. In either case, see the order below.
- All filings shall have the correct Plaintiff; otherwise, they will not be considered (State of Missouri is not a correct Plaintiff).
- Any information regarding the case(s) can be accessed on Case.net. Do not call the Court Clerks since they have been instructed to direct you to Case.net.
- All filings shall be submitted in the form of a motion, not a letter, and shall contain a valid return email address for a ruling on the motion (if in-person);
- The motion shall be signed and dated by the attorney of record and shall contain a Missouri Bar number.
- All motions must be filed using E-FILING. DO NOT mail a hard copy to the Court.
- Do not call the Court regarding the motion(s); once the Judge has decided, a response will be available on CASE.NET.