Consolidated Municipal Courts (CMC) Procedures for
Entry of Appearances, Motions, Continuances and Warrant Recalls
Providing Court Services for the Municipal Courts of
St. Ann, Vinita Park, Northwoods and Charlack
Office Hours - The Court Clerk’s office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
FILING AN ENTRY OF APPEARANCE, CONTINUANCE WARRANT RECALL OR MOTION
An Entry of Appearance must be filed with the Court through the mail or in person. FAXES ARE NOT ACCEPTED. All requests for recommendations must be separately mailed to the prosecutor’s office along with a service copy of the entry of appearance. Requests for recommendations mailed to the Court will not be processed.
Entries must include Attorney’s Missouri Bar number, the correct City’s name and the defendant’s full name, citation/case number(s), court date, and charge(s).
Case information is available through Casenet at www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do
Mail All Entries and Motions to:
Consolidated Municipal Courts (CMC)
10405 St. Charles Rock Road
St. Ann, MO 63074
ATTN: “NAME OF CITY”
1. All request for continuances and motions shall be mailed or emailed to Judge Sean J. O'Hagan at firstname.lastname@example.org;
2. If motions are received through the mail, you must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Warrants are not automatically recalled by the Court. Counsel will be notified by mail or by email with the Judge’s decision within 1 - 2 weeks of receiving the motion.
3. All motions shall be submitted at least 72 hours prior to the court date, unless in an emergency. If an emergency, sufficient information shall be pled in the motion to justify the continuance;
4. If not an emergency, sufficient information is also required. It shall not be grounds to continue a case because the defendant is not in compliance, or does not have the funds to make a payment. In either case, the defendant shall appear, and then the case may be continued. In the event that a defendant cannot appear, for sufficient reason, then defense counsel shall appear;
5. All filings shall have the correct city Plaintiff, otherwise they will not be considered (State of Missouri is not a correct Plaintiff);
6. Any information regarding the case(s) can be accessed on Case.net. Do not call the Court clerks, since they have been instructed to direct you to Case.net;
7. The filing shall be submitted in the form of a motion, not a letter, and shall contain a valid return email address for a ruling on the motion;
8. The motion shall be signed and dated by the attorney of record, and shall contain a Missouri Bar number;
9. All motions shall be submitted in Word, or other editable form, and not in PDF, or other non-editable form;
11. Do not call the Court regarding the motion; a response will be sent to you by return email.